ENTACT performed a removal action to address arsenic and lead-impacted soils and sediments at a former phosphate fertilizer plant site.
Scope of work included:
- Sizing, removal, disposal, and/or recycling of 7,000 tons of concrete, asphalt, and debris
- Excavation of 80,000 cubic yards of impacted soils from an approximately 14-acre area
- Solidification/stabilization of 13,600 tons
- Removal, dewatering, and solidification of 1,600 cubic yards of sediment in a freshwater marsh situated in a tidally influenced area adjacent to a river
- Loading 121,757 tons of non-hazardous soils and 1,000 tons of ACM for off-site transportation and disposal by the client
- Removal and disposal of 1,132 linear feet of asbestos piping
- Amendment and placement of backfill in saturated zone areas for groundwater treatment
- Site restoration including uplands and marsh restoration
Interested in more stories like this? Fill out the form below for a free download.